Is Medicare Supplemental Plan N The Solution To My Problems?
As of June 1, 2010 many changes have taken place in Medicare. Several Medigap policies have been discontinued and two new programs were added. Medicare Supplemental Plan N is one of the new plans and offers new and additional coverage. This plan was designed to take the place of some of the discontinued plans as well as provide additional services. This plan is currently available.
What Are The New Coverage Options On Medicare Supplemental Plan N?
Medicare Supplemental Plan N covers the following:
• Medicare Part A coinsurance cost for hospital care with an additional years worth of benefits once Medicare has been used up.
• Medicare Part A Deductible and Hospice coinsurance costs
• Mediare Part B Coinsurance after the 20 dollar co-payment for doctor visits or 50 dollar co-payment for hospital visit.
• Medicare Part B coinsurance for preventive services
• Coverage during foreign travel for emergency treatment. (Plans may have a maximum limit on this area. Check your plan before traveling)
• 3 pints of blood
• Nursing facility coinsurance
Will The Premiums Be Very High For This Supplement?
Medicare Supplemental Plan N will be offered through many insurance providers. Shopping around to the different companies should provide you with enough information to decide which plan is the most cost effective to you. It is important to remember if you are searching for quotes on the Internet that you type in your state name when performing the search. Insurance companies must be registered to sell insurance in your state. By keying in your state you will eliminate any problems in this area. When you are searching for a policy make sure that you seek quotes from at least three companies before committing to any specific policy.
Send this page to a friend ...